I have been reading basically non-stop for the past week. I have read 5 books in the past week. I have always enjoyed reading immensely; I get so lost in the characters dynamic worlds. I have taken so many lessons from books and learned so much. I attribute my joy of reading to my mom. Every since I was a baby she read to me every single night until I could read on my own. She made sure that I always had books. From day one, reading was important. I remember every summer she enrolled me in a summer reading program at the local library; the goal was to read the most books. I loved it! If a book came out that I had to have she always made time to drive me to the bookstore. I never realized until this moment how much she did to make sure that I loved reading and that I got the best education possible. Sometimes its the little things that you forget about that are the ones that shaped the person that you are today. Thanks mom.
Anyways, while reading “The Secret Life of Bee’s” I realized that I wanted to make a list of all the things that I love. All the things that make me happy. All the things that make me…me.
- My family
- My Richard
- The colors turquoise & pink
- My mini doxie “Banana Moon Pie”
- Everything about restaurants! Eating at them, cooking, waiting, opening, managing, EVERYTHING!
- Eminem. <–I can not help but love him music and his message
- Car rides alone. The ones before and after work/school where you just relax with your thoughts, the monotony of the same route that you take every day and the music that you love.
- Making a dinner that everyone loves
- French Toast and Scrambled Cheese Eggs
- Grilled cheese dipped in grape jelly <—Thanks Ma!
- Sporadic long talks on the phone with my sister Lisa
- Johnson and Wales
- Learning new, exciting things and being so eager to share that information with whoever will listen
- having that eagerness inside me to learn as much as I can about something
- That feeling I get when I work at a restaurant that screams “You were made for this, one day you will have your own”!
- Plane rides
- Goodwill. There is nothing like finding a pair of designer jeans that fit you perfectly for 5 dollars
- Making my parents/family proud.
- Knowing all the words to my favorite songs
- Always having a pen and paper near by so I can write
- reading my meditation book late at night and writing down all the parts that really speak to me and who I am
- taking pictures
- those days where I just feel more gorgeous than anyone I have ever seen
I imagine if I really thought about I could think of millions of other things but thats not my point. My point is that the things you love and the things that make you the person you are really do matter. No matter what weird shit you love, be happy that you are who you are. I wouldn’t want to be anyone but me.